Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Shoe Thing

45 days until Coachella and we've hardly thought about what will go on our feet, although this may be the most important choice we make about our outfit! Uncomfortable shoes can certainly ruin someone's fun. Remember the last time you went out in painful shoes? There have been more than a few times I can recall limping off the dance floor and no matter how much alcohol I drank, I could not numb the throbbing of my poor toes.

We are going to spend most of the time on our feet walking around Coachella, so shoes that handicap us won't be an option. Luckily, I've come across some festival-worthy shoes on the racks of thrift stores that will hopefully last as long as I can. They may even have to last longer if we can't hitch a ride back to our hotel which is 4 miles away!

The green flats I found a couple of weeks ago at Southcenter Value Village as well at the ankle booties on the top right! I wear the booties all the time and I know flats will be a great option perusing the various venues in Indio.

I picked the leather loafers on the bottom left (Cole Haan!) up for 30 bucks at Bellevue Goodwill. I must admit I slip these on every chance I get, they will be great all-day Coachella shoes! And the platforms on the bottom right I found at Seattle Salvation Army. They were half off the original price when I bought them (making them $6.00) and they look like they've never been worn!



I'm still on the look out for some boots which were a staple for the most fashionable girls last year (some great ankle boots and combat style from Coachella 2011 below). Keep your eyes peeled at the thrift stores for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment