Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Color Your World


I have been wanting to experiment with crayon art, since I often see it on Pinterest. Meagan and I spent our last Friday night working on our canvases. I kid you not - this is not easy! And it took a solid three hours. We decided to do two different designs; I did mine straight across the top, and she did hers in the shape of a heart. First, we pealed the paper off the crayons, then glued the crayons where we wanted them. Then finally, you used a hair dryer to melt the crayons (apparently two hairdryers will blow a power socket - minor problem we had). The total cost was about 14 dollars. However, it could be even more affordable if you bought the crayons and canvas at a thrift store. My next idea is to use crayon art on a wood picture frame - which is easily found while thrifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment