Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Tica Treasure


A few years ago (I cannot believe it's been that long!) I studied abroad with one of my bests in Costa Rica for three months. It was an incredible experience full new friends, beautiful beaches and traveling. Costa Rica is a country of the fashion senseless. Aside from bathing suits at the beach, you would frequently see tight white leggings, matchy-matchy outfits (blue jewelry, blue shoes and blue hair pieces) and a lot of knock-off Abercrombie and Hollister. I wish I had pictures to show you - how did we not capture fake Hollister polos?

Thankfully, we went to an art school called Universidad Veritas and all of the students there dressed very urban, giving me a lot of inspiration. It was a breath of fashion fresh air! Jenna and I were determined to find out where these chic girls were shopping. The only place that really made sense was Zara. But aside from Zara, there were only these little shops downtown with very random pieces, some horrible, some amazing - always hit or miss. One day we were shopping, I came across this amazing black suede vest in a store of random gems. It is a statement piece that can go with many different outfits - skirts, maxi dresses, jeans, and more. I have seen some vests similar at Urban Outfitters but nothing quite as special as my tica treasure. My vest was about $40. I have not worn it much, but I think Coachella will be the perfect place for it! Proof that it is possible to find treasures in the most unthinkable places.


1 comment: